10 March 2012

San Diego Padres...sure, why not.



So I'm going to blog about the San Diego Padres tonight. And it's going to be quick - I'm going to bust this out in 5 minutes or less....okay, GO:

San Diego Padres
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/

Funny story about that - My husband and I are watching the entire first season of Homeland this week, and we're in the middle of the finale. I said, I have to blog for the baseball challenge tonight, so give me a few minutes...what team do I not care about or know anything about, at all? My husband said, the Padres.

Good call.

Here it is: I have never been to San Diego, but everyone I know who has, loves it. Apparently, there is a hotel in San Diego (or near it, I'm in too much of a hurry to fully fact-check) called the Hotel del Coronado. It's beautiful. Here it is:


https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcXgzOqmy-0eOPgKOvDFCg-2aHeCEE_SlZhTC8zFf2qQ5RZ-ey


We took our daughter to Disney World this past May. I call her Cinderella, because deep in her heart of hearts, I think that's who she truly believes she is. She wore her Cinderella wedding dress around the park in 95 degree heat (the thing is polyester and tulle and long-sleeved and covered in glitter, that kid really COMMITS), she wore it for Halloween, and she wears it around the house at least three times a week - she wore it today, in fact. It's getting a bit shabby, but it's still pretty fancy. She comes home from school and changes into it more often than not.

Anyway, we decided to really "do up" Disney because I was almost 5 months pregnant at the time, and we knew this would be the last visit for at least a few years, because I am a big fan of self-preservation and not putting myself in situations that lead to bad parenting or heavy drinking, or both. Taking a baby to Disney World qualifies. We stayed in the fanciest hotel at the park, the Grand Floridian.

It looks like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJwvFauRl_cTAvyqQs9JlbBs-eCTPJhxClUmZ_jZ4pVsBLcMH_


No points for originality, Walt.

So, um, yeah. That's it. That's my blog post about San Diego. Now I have to go watch Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin (I'm so impressed he didn't manage to work in a ballad or two, that shows real restraint on his part) in one of best new shows I've seen in a while. Not "Wire"-level amazing or anything, but I'm saving those musings for my post about the Orioles.

4 comments:

mm said...

Perhaps a new dress is in order (or on order).

Bethn8r said...

It's in the closet as we speak!

KC said...

That girl sounds like a hoot. Really should introduce her to Shef.

Jim said...

I have never been to a Disney park. I don't know that I ever will. I certainly don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon, but I think I am in regards to Disney parks.

I would like to visit San Diego sometime. It sounds beautiful, what with the nice temperatures and the ocean and all.