06 March 2012

Geaux Tigers

So today's blog post focuses on the Detroit Tigers. Yes, I know that spelling refers to LSU, so you don't need to correct me, but a) I like to type fancy words on my fancy new iPad keyboard that attaches to my case and b) Detroit (de-TWA) sounds Franche, too...

 Anyway, the only things I really have to say about the Detroit Tigers are:


File:Detroit Tigers logo.svg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Detroit_Tigers_logo.svg


  1. I've been to Detroit. I dated a guy in high school, VERY BRIEFLY, who lived outside of Detroit in one of the nicer suburbs (something like Farmington? Farmington Hills? Is that a place?). I went there to visit him, then I quickly turned around and went back to Pittsburgh and decided that was enough of that. (Huh. In remembering that story, it suddenly occurs to me that my parents were kind of weirdly permissive about certain things.)
  2. That's a cool logo. It's old school. None of this au courant crap with team names like the Diamond Rays and logos with neon colors and glitter bombs. It looks like someone typed it on the front page of the New York Times, and that's all right by me.
  3. Whenever I see a Detroit Tigers hat I think of Magnum, P.I. He really wore it well. And that might be the only mustache that I've ever thought looked right on a man.
http://thatcostumegirl.com/2010/06/04/magnum-pi-force



I'm sure you agree.

4 comments:

dw said...

That is a cool logo. And, I'll just say it, Tom Sellek is a damn fine man.

Indiana Rock on a California Roll said...

How'd you get to Detroit? On an airplane? This must have been a really fun teenage love, however short lived!

mm said...

Magnum PI... fun stuff...

Bethn8r said...

He had come to Pittsburgh to visit me, then we drove back to Detroit together, and I flew back home to Pittsburgh. With haste. Again, seriously, not sure what my parents were thinking there, I was no more than 16.