07 May 2012

Oh, these sleepless nights / Will break my heart in two

Not really. I just had insomnia last night for some reason. It was probably around 3:30 by the time I fell asleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'M UP, I'm up, I'm here. Sorry.

So. Freaking. Tired. Today.

But I managed to get a run in, so good on me. Days like today, there's not enough coffee in Central America to keep me awake and productive.

I do apologize, today's post really reflects my inability to form cogent sentences and keep my head from lolling backwards. Luckily, it's been a fairly light workday so I've been able to hold it together (mostly).

Don't you hate those nights when you can't sleep? It doesn't happen to me often, thankfully, but when it does -- MISERY.

This is how it goes. Staring at the numbers on the clock....


1:06 AM  "Weird. I'm not that tired. And this is a fun book to read."

1:45 AM  "Huh. It's almost two. Whoops, left the brighter light on to read by, that was dumb, no wonder I'm not getting sleepy." Turn off bright light, turn on little book light on the bed.

2:28 AM "If I fall asleep RIGHT NOW I will get almost five hours. That's completely do-able. Should even be able to work out tomorrow."

3:10 AM "Ok, now we're pushing four hours. This is not good. This is terrible. I will not be able to function. Gotosleepgotosleepgotosleep! Right now! Ok, go!"

3:12 AM "What was that? I heard a weird noise. Was it the cats? Is someone breaking in? Better pick up the book again so I can read myself sleepy."

3:37 AM "How many sick days do I have left again?"

I made it through, thankfully, and did not have to burn any paid time off. Which is worth it. I'd rather use the days for something fun, like having friends come to stay or, say, Christmas, than napping all day in a busy house.

But once that computer shuts down, it is NAPTIME for this girl.

See you tomorrow -- zou bisou bisou.

No comments: