08 May 2012

Broccoli! Celery! Gotta be...VeggieTales! Lima Beans! Collard Greens! Peachy Keen!

Dieting sucks.

Eating healthy is fine -- good, in fact -- but vegetables have grown so tiresome to me. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots...blah blah blah. Eating the same thing over and over again is so boring.

I have no time for lunch, so I grab handfuls of things and can sometimes make myself a sandwich. It seems to be working well to fill up half my plate with raw vegetables and eat those, but WOW am I getting sick of them.

I've thrown in green beans and zucchini for a little variety, but I thoroughly despise tomatoes, so I'm running out of options.

I have to do this though, for a number of reasons.

1) My clothes don't fit. That's an expensive thing to replace, an entire wardrobe.
2) I don't want to get diabetes. I had gestational diabetes for about 20 weeks, and that was NOT FUN. I do not want to live my life that way, and one solution is to lose weight and reduce that risk.
3) I would like to look nice. Vanity, yes. But there it is.

If red velvet whoopie pies were naturally low in fat, calories, and carbohydrates, my world would be a better place.

1 comment:

Jill, Benevolent Dictator said...

13 weeks of WW and I'm down 10lbs. My clothes fit better and I feel better, but damn I resent having to think before I eat and keep track of it all.

I'm thinking after this that I should try wealth watchers, but I think I would hate that, too.