10 May 2012

And now you won’t stop calling me, I’m kinda busy.

Stop callin’, stop callin’, I don’t wanna think anymore!

I need a little Gaga in my life today.

Working from home has its advantages, to be sure, but it does mean that I am on the phone almost all day. All day, every day -- regular phone calls, conference calls, chatty calls with the coworkers, calls to other parents re: playdates, calls to set up afterschool activities or summer camps, calls to my parents -- I AM ALWAYS ON THE PHONE.

I used to like being on the phone. I pretty much LOVED it. It was an integral part of my day. My evenings, actually -- when I lived alone, especially. Back in the day where super-cheap long distance cost $.25 per minute, I was on the phone to the tune of about $300/month. I so could not afford it. Now, it's free, and I would give ANYTHING to not have to talk on the phone.

Often, at night, I just don't pick it up. I just can't bring myself to do it. After an entire day (or WEEK) spent on the phone, I want to be untethered from its insistent technology...you know, so I can play on my iPad and read email and be on Facebook.

Of course, as a general rule, if you're reading my blog, then you're one of the people that I do pick up for. It's an elite group.

1 comment:

LH said...

I hate the phone. Always have.