05 May 2012

Wake Me Up, Before You Go-Go

Day One of the Ultimate Song Lyric challenge. Can you tell?

I'm up REALLY early for a Saturday. For me, anyway. I am fortunate that this travesty doesn't happen all of the time, in fact, it RARELY happens because 1) my husband is a naturally early riser so he gets up with the kids and 2) he likes to let me sleep in a bit and 3) he's a pretty stellar guy.

So, usually, on a weekend, I get woken up before he goes somewhere, as long as it's after 9. Otherwise, he'll just take kids with him.

[No, you can't have him.]

But today was the morning after a sleepover, and the first day of five weeks of Saturday morning soccer. So, are 6:54 AM, here comes Mama.

Dad was nice enough to have coffee made. Frankly, that's mostly self-preservation on his part, but I'll give him bonus points in the "considerate" column just the same.

To be fair though,  I just can't SLEEEEEP INNNNN the way that I used to. I used to be able to sleep until noon or thereabouts with very little effort, but now, even when given the opportunity, I'm usually up by 9. Maybe it's because our current bedroom is less cave-like in the past. Maybe it's the fact the Cinderella has gotten much louder with the running around and jumping during cartoon time. Maybe it's because Belle can't yet speak but she sure can yell to express herself. I hope it's not because I'm cruising the upper half of my thirties...

Put yourself on notice -- I will be taking a nap today. It's only fair.


3 comments:

LH said...

Sleeping in disappeared for me for a lot of years, but I think it's making a modest reappearance. So. that's good.

Bethn8r said...

So I have something to look forward to! Thank you!

Jill, Benevolent Dictator said...

We had an 8 am start time for t-ball on Saturday. I've gotten used to letting the children run feral through the house and only wake me when they need help on the potty or something. It was a hard reality when the alarm went off this weekend.