03 April 2012

Boston Baked Baseball

***Last Post for the Challenge, if I did my math right!!! All 30!! If I didn't, well, then I'll have to figure out which one I missed and you can read it tomorrow.***

Wow, I've only been in the Boston area for six months and I can tell you, in no uncertain terms, that this town loves their baseball team.

And how.




They are really insane for their team. And with the accents, it's very cute when they say "Go Sawks!" Although if one of our daughters inherits that accent in its entirety, I may find it slightly less cute. (And it could happen - the oldest one says "aah-range" instead of "orange," and I blame that on living in New York during her formative years. However, she also says "uff-da," so I also think that parental practices do have some sway.)

It's been pretty great living here. We haven't spent a whole lot of time in the city, which is unfortunate, because I really love Boston. But where we are is pretty fantastic too.

It's really just beautiful. When we were thinking about moving here, we knew nothing about the surrounding area. We were ready to not live in a city (for the first time in almost EVER), and I think my husband and I both kind of had our hearts set on a Stars Hollow-esque small town. I was in desperate need of some quiet. As much as I loved living in New York, I felt as if my nerves were permanently jangled, and that I hadn't had a moment's quiet in my own home for more than four years. There was always, ALWAYS some sort of noise. Even in yoga class, you could hear the traffic going by or sirens wailing. I also wanted to live near the ocean, because if you have your pick between one town on the ocean and another an hour away, both with commuter rail access to downtown, why would you not pick living by the sea? LIVING BY THE SEA?!?! All of the time? Not just for a week on vacation? SOLD.

So here we are on the South Shore, in a town (not a suburb, it's really an honest-to-goodness almost four hundred year old little town surrounded by ocean on one side and houses and forests on the other).

I feel like I can definitively say it's not a suburb because it takes about a half an hour to get to the nearest Target.

And if it takes me buying Red Sox apparel for each and every family member to be able to keeping living where this is across the street, well, then, I'll just have to learn to love the red, white, and blue (and silver):







5 comments:

dw said...

That is awesome. I love the ocean. I've only seen it a few times. Congrats on the move! And completing the blogging challenge!

KC said...

It seems like I should probably visit you because you might know that i LOVE THE GILMORE GIRLS and have seen every single episode.

Great blogging!

Bethn8r said...

It seems like you should absolutely come out and visit! We have a Gilmore-type setting, the ocean, tasty seafood, and children to play with your children...and a husband to play with your husband.

Jill, Benevolent Dictator said...

How wonderful. Jealous. Except for the Target thing. Mine is 5-10 mins away and we are contemplating moving 15-20 mins away and I'm not sure I can handle that.

Bethn8r said...

The Target thing is huge. It means I spend even more money when I go, because I get all panicky about how I won't be able to come back for weeks (WEEKS, I tell you!) and what happens if I run out of febreze or 36-roll packs of toilet paper or pillows or seasonally appropriate tchotchkes?