06 April 2012

Accomplishing Something

Happy Day to me! I came in second in the Baseball Blogging Challenge. It was my first one, so I'll happily accept the silver...but next time, watch out. I'm in it to win it. Cheers to Miscellaneous Missives for coming in first! Well-deserved.

Speaking of accomplishing something...There are days where I just don't want to do anything.

Saturdays are often those days. I'm tired from the week, I don't feel like doing laundry or anything else that requires "standing" or "moving."

I had this feeling last Saturday, but I told myself, you have children, you can't just sit and drink coffee and mess around on the internet and not do anything for them for a while. So I went online and registered domain names for my kids...while sitting, drinking coffee, and (by definition) messing around on the internet. And since it was in their names, it was for THEIR benefit.

And then I took a nap, because that was a pretty big thing to cross off the list of parenting to-dos.

3 comments:

Jill, Benevolent Dictator said...

Crap. My kids don't have domain names. Shit.

Bethn8r said...

You should probably get moving on that. I was lucky to get a .com and a .net. I may hold it over their heads, tell them they only get to use them if they to the college of my choosing.

LH said...

I wonder if my kids want domain names. I'll ask them. Right now I'm watching Zombieland. Even though I have about 5 tasks I should be working on.