24 May 2012

Oh good heavens, baby where’s my medicine?

- Hotel Illness, Black Crowes


A friend of mine posted on Facebook that she had a horrible stomach virus. The throwing-up-for-multiple-days kind. I commented, only half-kidding, that I would like to come to her house so she could lick my face so I could lose a few pounds with little effort.

The universe listened. Boy, did it.

Not more than 12 hours later, I, too, was in the throes of a stomach virus. WebMD tells me it's "viral gastroenteritis," which sounds about right. I'm almost done with day two, and it better hurry up and go away because a dear dear friend is arriving for a weekend visit from Minneapolis in less than half an hour. I would like to be able to leave the house for more than 20 minutes at a time while she's here.

So, be careful what you wish for.

By the same token, I'm also putting it out there that I would like to win Powerball. Maybe it's my lucky week?

3 comments:

KC said...

I can't believe this happened! I hope it's short. it probably will be.

LH said...

Sounds horrid.
Ick.

Jill, Benevolent Dictator said...

Fun times.