21 July 2004

So tired

Moving...such a hassle, so tiring. So why do we do it at least once a year? It would make sense if we were running from the law...but we're not. We are merely running from a 600 square foot condo to a two-bedroom townhouse, from trendy Dupont Circle to the tree-lined rowhouses of Capitol Hill. Still convenient, still fun, but much more of a neighborhood and less of a need to straighten my hair when I go to the Safeway. And, closer to York, Pennsylvania and my very dear Janie and her wonderful Mike!! Hey, fifteen minutes is fifteen minutes, I'll take it. Now, if only we had a car...

1 comment:

Philip said...

Umm, seeing as how York, Pennsylvania is northwest of the city and you are moving from Dupont southeast to Capitol Hill (the better to be near the Republican Congress), I don't see how you're going to be closer to your friend.

Aww, damn it all to hell. I just Mapquested it and York is like north-northeast, not northwest like I had assumed. I still contend you moved south to the new place, but since you also moved east, you might be ever so slightly closer.

Damn you, Widick. I hate you.